Children’s Craft & Genealogy Day
Members and children are to invited to attend a combined genealogy and craft session,
to be held at Ashton’s Hall, Southern Amberley Road, Amberley (see map below), on
Saturday 28th March 2015 at 1.30pm.
Craft & Centrepiece Making
In the past several of our senior Clan Members have contributed and have become an integral part of the preparations for the dinner. In an effort to continue ad pass on to the next generation these skills, we extend an invitation to all members of the younger generation who would like to come along and share in the experience of making decorations for the Annual Clan Forsyth dinner to be held on April 11th 2015. Many of our senior members feel, that it is important to share their skills and experience with our next generation of Clan Members.
All children who may wish to participate with the activities on this day and become part of something we will all be proud of. How special would it be to have a centre piece made by our future generations on the tables at this years Annual Clan dinner?
Genealogy session – bring along your family history items to share with the Clan .Our Clan Historian/genealogist Lyndall Hill ( email@example.com )will be attending and with permission can copy, scan etc photos, documents, take photos of items.
- Have you got family stories, Bible, photos or documents that need putting in to a family history? We can help you preserve the old family tales and scan your documents before they disappear and the memories fade.
- Do you want to make sure the Clan has your family details correct and current? Come along and cross check the details with our files and folders, or add the new generations
- Did you have a family member in World War 1? Come along and find out the service records and more details….we hope to be doing a WW! Display for the Clan Dinner.
So please feel free to come along for a chat to see where you belong or give your knowledge to the clan so it can be preserved for future generations
The theme this year Annual Dinner, is ANZAC 100 years. We will be supplying some material for the decorations on the day and encouraging others to attend to share genealogy on the day.
We are really hoping that you will be able to attend the day and would ask if you would respond as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made. If you feel there are others that may be interested in attending please forward their details so that we may follow up and extend an invitation.
Need a Map to help you get there?
For anyone who may not be sure, how to find the location of Ashton’s Hall at Amberley. It is located a few minutes from the RAAF Amberley Air Base, to the west of Ipswich. The map below may provide you with more precise details and help you get there safely.
Map to Ashton’s Hall – Amberley.
Print the map and directions
See the directions below if you would need to print the above listed Google Maps with place information or images you find on the map.
Print the map
When you print a map, it’ll include the same information that you see on the screen. To print a map:
- Adjust your map to show the content you want to print.
- When ready, click File > Print in your browser’s menu bar. You can also hit CTRL+P (for PC) or +P (for Mac) on your keyboard to print.
- Your browser’s print dialog will appear. Follow the instructions to print your map.
You can print directions that appear in Google Maps:
- Search for directions and click Details for driving directions or Next trip for public transport information in the card below the search box.
If you don’t see the Details link, see alternate instructions at the bottom of this page.
- Adjust your map to show the part of the map you want to print.
- Click the printer icon at the top.
- Follow the instructions to print your directions.